Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm too young to be old

Disclaimer: In no way it this blog meant to offend anyone of any age...I'm young and impertinent and now you have your warning!

I am only 23. When I was 16 I would have looked at 23 as an age of sophistication and coolness. I'm sure there are many who are older than me that see me as naieve and reckless. However young or old I may be I felt too old for my age as these thoughts and actions occured today.
I went to wal-mart today to buy more spoons because magically ours have been disappearing! (I count only 4 at home) I did find one or two under Chloe's chair under the table and I have noticed that recently Chloe has been mistaking the trash for the table. (Go put this on the table...then I find it in the trash...) Anyway...we needed more spoons. So I found the spoons but I didn't stop there. I saw some placemats and I just thought, I need them. They're cheap and it will solve the problem with the kids spilling all over my table. This will make my life easier. I also need a tablecloth. Hmmm...5 bucks, I'll skip the table cloth. Then I saw the can openers and had to get one because the one I'm using isn't acctually mine (sorry sam). Next I meandered over to the clearance section just to see if there was a tablecloth cheaper than 5 bucks...man i'm cheap. No luck so I walk through the cake decorating aisle. And the next and the next. Before I knew it I had a cart full of little things that were on sale, that I needed(but didn't rememeber that fact until I saw it!), and that I didn't need. ANd then I BOUGHT it. I guess it isn't so bad. But I've learned that I'm a walmart junkie. Everything is cheap and I need it. I'm also a sale junkie! It isn't so bad to be these things but as I thought about these realizations today I kind of hoped I'd be more like 40 before I became the person who went to walmart for spoons and left with a cart full or batteries, a new pillow, placemats, gum, a can opener, new shirts and other odds and ends. (Oh yeah, while we were walking around I told Kenzie to slow down because I wanted to look at the shirts. She said "Mom! You drive me crazy!")

4 comments:

  1. HAHA! That Kenz, what a crack up! Don't worry you're not the only one who goes to the store to pick up spoons and comes home with bags full of "needed" items. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto, if it wasn't for Michael and his focus, I'd probablly be in the same boat (in fact i am when he isn't with me!!) Kenzie is a crack up! Oh man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha too funny... that's why i'm on a "cash diet" - i have certain amount of cash for a month and i can't spend more than that...!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha!! Maybe it's just a Whatcott disease!...if it's on sale, it's a must have! at least for me!!
    Kenz is too funny!

    ReplyDelete