Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mom

My mom has been gone for 5 years now. I feel like I'm a tough chick because I've learned to get along without her here. But sometimes I wish she were.

Reasons why I wish my mom were here,

-She would tell me that when she was my age she never had a clean house and it is ok.
-She would tell me (I hope) that she yelled at her kids sometimes and that they forgave her too.
-She would tell me that I don't need to stress about everything because it doesn't really do me any good anyway and it doesn't do anything but make everything worse.
-She would buy me strawberry milk when I was stressed out and tell me it would make everything ok again.
-She would talk with me and we'd laugh and somehow it would make everything ok again.
-She would spoil my kids.
-She would come to visit me when I had kids and I would be stronger because somebody knows what they're doing!!!
-No matter how many kids I have she would understand what it was like to feel like you're loosing your mind because of all your kids.
-She would call me on my birthday
-She would tell me that when she was my age certain things happened too and assure me that I'm normal.
-she would call me once a week at least
-she would stay up late into the night talking with me if she thought I needed it
-she'd drive up in an instant if I needed her.
-She'd be another person in the world who loved me no matter what.

Sure she spoiled me and she wasn't perfect but she was pretty amazing. She did a lot and I don't feel like I'll ever be able to do as much as she did. More than anything though, some days you just need a mom hug, a true friend who loves you perfectly and understands what you're going through hug. So today...that is why I miss and love my mom.

4 comments:

  1. I miss her too, and for a lot of those reasons too. I'm not mom, but I do love you, and if you ever need anything, I would gladly do whatever I can to help you. I can give you a sister hug anytime, or strawberry milk :) Love you Ker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot, Keri, you made me cry! Seriously, if you ever need anything, I'm right up the road (I'll share your load! haha oops) and am willing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recoginze those same feelings too, especially now that being married some of those things are more real than a single bum. But thanks for sharing, it is nice to know you are not the only one feeling what you are feeling! And same goes as with andrea and april, I am not too far north and would love to help out or steal your kids for a little or anything, I love you and would love to help if you ever need it! Thanks for being such an example and friend that you are! Lovy ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok so i had responded to this but i guess my sticky note didn't... stick... so i really didn't think mom would ever say... at your age, my house was never clean... i think i'll post that one on my fridge!! I could use that!! the don't stress stuff tho... i heard that all the time!

    thanks for sharing and love ya! today i prayed that she would be my angel and watch out for me... i don't know for sure if she was there or not... but i like to think she was!

    ReplyDelete