Monday, January 18, 2010

No sadness, no gladness

One of the most poignant lessons of my life has been this, without pain there is no joy. This has been a hard lesson because I have had to experience great pain, sadness,and sorrow to truly enjoy my life more fully. Appreciation comes with loss. Patriotism emerged in my heart the greatest when Isaac was away training for a month and then came back. (The longest we've been apart since we got married) The greatest physical pain I've ever experienced brought the life of my two beautiful daughters. Being thin means to me the hard work of sacrifice, patience, persistence, and continuing to try when I feel like giving up. The greatest blessings I've experienced in life have come to me as a result of of hard work, faith, hope and sacrifice. My life is richer and fuller because of pain. Suffering. Grief. Sorrow. Without these horrible feelings I would never soar with happiness, relief, hope, faith, and true joy. There are times that I want to curse God for all the bad, but I can say now that I am greatful that I was allowed to experience the spectrum of life. I'm glad that I've hit rock bottom because the top of the mountain looks that much more beautiful. When I am at the top and looking down of my life I can see the hard spots and it makes my view all that more beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. It is SO true! You are a very deep woman! I love getting to know you as the grown up you are, being that we weren't very close when we actually lived under the same roof.

    ReplyDelete