Weight loss isn't easy. Just like getting a degree isn't easy but at the same time it isn't as hard as people think it is. Every day people commit to do what is required until they reach the end of their goals. Some days you don't want to meet your goals and you don't. Some people drop out and decide it is too hard-and it is hard.
The hardest thing about loosing weight or meeting any goal for that matter is re-commitment after failure to meet daily goals. It may take years to achieve the weight loss some people are after but it is possible. Just like going to classes for many semesters that pertain to a certain major will result in a degree.
Here is the truth. You have to eat right. It means sacrificing refined foods, sugar, and fat for vegetables, high fiber foods, and fruit. And more vegetables. It also requires regular exercise. The sooner you want to see results the more strict you'll have to be with your diet and exercise. It'll make you feel better but it is easy to slip in the routine of healthy eating and exercise and sometimes no matter how good it feels to be healthy it sometimes feels better to pig out and eat half of your kids Halloween candy. And then one day you'll step on the scale or see your love handles and the momentary pleasure of pigging out with be replaced with something new.
The things of most value in this world are the things we have to work the hardest for.
Some of the things on this list for me have been:
-School
-Motherhood
-Marriage
-Reading my scriptures and saying my prayers
-Visiting Teaching
-Regular temple attendance
-Weight loss
-Healthy eating
I guess this post isn't really about weight loss but more about accomplishing the most important things in life. When I feel like I'm not happy it is usually because I am not doing the regular daily things that bring happiness. They're simple but they're hard. They are the things that you know you should do and when you do do them you feel proud of yourself and when you don't do them you feel like a failure as a person. I need to believe that I'm not a failure for not being perfect at that list of things but at some point I have to look down at my love handles or whatever indication I have that sends a signal saying "it is time to get back into shape".
Well said, you always have such deep thought enhancing posts! It is very true though, thanks for the reminder, I need to be better things in my life too, not because I could have felt guilted into it from reading this, but because I agree they are important things too, important things that even though are hard are worth it!
ReplyDeleteBleh, I need to get back in shape... in a lot of areas! :) We should set up an exercise plan together!
ReplyDeleteWow keri. I really love how deep your posts are. It's like you take us to this new idea of blogging. I love it. I love when you post cause I always leave feeling....motivated! I do think you should post your exciting new though!! :) how are you guys! We need to play soon!! especially before you LEAVE us!!!
ReplyDelete