Today was quite the adventure. The girls and I have been taking the bus a lot more recently and today was fun! It started with Kenzie and I (chloe too, on my back in a pack) waiting at the bus station, which is a little glass box with a bench. Kenzie is normally adventurous and likes to explore the surrounding area and so she was walking around the station looking in the windows at me and then I looked up to see her licking the glass. Immediately I told her to come and tried to explain that she couldn't lick the glass. Her first question was, why? My first explaination is, it is dirty. This is not quite good enough for Kenzie so I tell her there is bird poop on the windows. I thought it through and I don't think that is a lie. There probably is a lot of bird poop on that glass. So she walked around pointing to all the little specks on the glass saying 'that's poop?'. I'm just glad nobody else was waiting for the bus with us. Well, we got on the bus and rode to the library. After the library we went back to the bus station and wouldn't you know it there was a big wad of red gum that had been stepped on and stretched out on the concrete. It immediately drew Kenzie's atttention because one it is red and two she loves gum. All kinds of gum, already chewed gum, gum under the table at the black pearl, gum in the package, gum gum gum. So she said, 'what is that?'. I said gum, don't touch it. (Not that saying that did anything) 2 minutes later she comes over and says look mom and she pried up a chunk and had it sitting on her finger (I'm sure it was headed for her mouth) So then we had another talk about not eating gum off the ground. So back on the bus there was a dishelved old man sitting down and she points at him and says, 'Mom, what's that?' (very loud I might add). I pretend she is pointing at the window and say 'oh that's the window'. She says, 'no, that'. (again pointing at the old man. Finally I whisper stop pointing and she lets it go.
Being three is fun I've decided. 3 yr old kids are curious (why, why why?). They are adventurous. They are expressive. (Kenzie is for sure). They are sweet. (I love that she says 'I love you mommy'. 'Not the leave me alone' though.)
Today I love Kenzie and today I'm glad she was along to make riding the bus a fun adventure for both of us.
February fun......
14 years ago
That is so funny!! always an adventure with kids!!
ReplyDeletefunny and gross at the same time!
ReplyDeleteHaha, hilarious! That girl cracks me up! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDelete