Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Past and present

When Kenzie was born I remember thinking that she was the most beautiful, sweet, adorable thing in the world. When she turned 18 months she transformed, inside, into a demonic thing. She still looks sweet and wonderful and on occasion is a sweetie, but she is incredibly destructive and wild. I guess demonic is a little strong. She is....more like a monkey. She swings from the lights and hides food in the carpet, under her bed, in her toy chest and she destroys like a....monkey? Hmm, well there is no real description for it but here is the latest.
As I write this she is pouring crackers from her bowl onto her face. I find myslef saying, "What the heck are you doing!? Keep those dang crackers in the bowl!". Yesterday she found the same red fingernail polish and painted her nails, her lip and her tooth. It wasn't that bad, hardly noticable and with a good brushing it is mostly gone. But Come on!!! I have to say that it is my fault. Somewhere I never really learned to put the polish away EVERY SINGLE TIME I USE IT. Or to check on her every 30 seconds when I leave the room. So because I don't have a greater capacity to sit and watch her every move, it really is my fault that she gets into the trouble she does.
When Kenzie was little she used to put whole rolls of toilet paper in the toilet. Every time I look at Chloe and wonder, how long do I have to wait before you change too? Well, I'll have more to post I suppose when the second one transforms.

No comments:

Post a Comment